Software Support Analyst
Location: Burlington, Ontario
ABELSoft, a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of Medical and Dental software has an immediate requirement for a Software Support Analyst in our Burlington office. This position involves managing and successfully resolving customer software and technical support issues. This is an exciting and varied role that demands proven experience in similar roles, where your personal drive and organizational and technical awareness is key to success. You are a customer-orientated individual with sound communication and interpersonal skills. Will independently detect and resolve problems/issues by using all necessary resources such as previous experience, technical documentation, and internal personnel to arrive at a solution. Will log support cases using a CRM system.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems and experience with supporting proprietary software and PC users in a help desk environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exemplary problem solving ability are essential. Experience using ABELSoft applications is an asset.
- Hardware, software and computer system concepts knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-orientated individual with sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary problem solving and organizational abilities
- Computer system troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and MS Office Applications
- Self-motivated and a quick learner
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing demands of support call volumes and content
- Ability to handle a variety of customers with a variety of temperaments
- Familiarity with dental office procedures an asset
- Previous experience with help desk support, software quality assurance, documentation or ABELSoft applications an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Quickly become familiar and competent with ABELSoft proprietary software
- Provide professional quality support and service to meet customer needs
- Listen and understand customer needs and requirements using professional customer service skills
- Resolve minimum of 80% of customer issues on first contact utilizing problem solving techniques
- Effectively utilize CRM system to accurately and completely record all customer related activities
- Bill for support services provided to customer consistently and accurately. Notify customer of any billable services in advance of providing the service
- Promote and build strong supportive team relationships and environment
- Resolve and reduce customer and peer conflicts in a positive manner
- Responsive to change management
- Handling and management of customer software/technical support calls
- Resolving customer issues in a team environment with other support analysts
- Tracking customer problems and progress within the organization
- Identification of common issues and support trends
- Record and submit identified defects or enhancement requests using product change request processes
- Exploring and implementing creative support reducing solutions
- Document common support scenarios and end user information. Post to Knowledge Base and MyABEL customer portal
- Quality assurance testing and debugging of program changes and improvements
- Future promotion to other departments.
- Movement to other ABELSoft product areas.
- Dynamic environment in which a variety of options may arise.
Remuneration will be based upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Upon qualification, dental, extended medical, disability and life insurance plans are available.
Diversity and equality are the foundation of all of our employment practices. If you thrive on challenge, enjoy a dynamic team-based environment and have a passion for quality, customer service and professional growth, please forward or fax your resume, indicating your compensation requirements, in confidence to:
3310 South Service Road
Burlington ON, L7N 3M6
Fax: (905) 333-3426
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.