Senior .NET Web Developer
Location: Burlington, Ontario
ABELSoft Inc., a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of Medical and Dental software is seeking a highly motivated, professional C#/ASP.NET web developer to join our team in our Burlington office. As a member of the development team, you will report to the Director of Software Development and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of leading edge health care systems. This is an exciting and varied role that demands proven experience in similar roles.
The successful candidate will play a key role on developing and maintaining our client facing web applications.
The Web Developer will be responsible for the technical specifications, technical design, code, unit and integration tests as well as design and code reviews that will result in high quality software services and offerings. The Web Developer will also be involved with requirements analysis and may work directly with customers as required. The deliverables are expected to meet the customer needs, be secure, scalable, maintainable, supportable and highly available, comply with standards, and be consistent with the architectural framework. The Web Developer will also be responsible for continuous improvements in designs and code to meet current and future needs. After release, the Web Developer will continue to support the products and services by diagnosing and resolving issues. The Web Developer will also participate in initiatives to improve processes, standards and practices.
- 3+ years of experience building web applications
- Experience in C#, MS SQL Server, VS2008/2010
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and good interpersonal skills
- Maintains software written by yourself and others
- Participates in establishing plans and estimating work
- Contributes in the feature/product functional design process
- Builds and maintains engineering test plans and software
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Exemplary problem solving and organizational abilities
- Self-motivated and a quick learner
- Goes from "I don't know how" to "this isn't that hard" to "it's up and running" in a matter of hours
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience using Test Driven Development methodology
- Experience using Windows Communication Foundation
- Experience using Windows Presentation Framework
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with Share Point
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC
- Experience working with HL7 2.x/3 messaging
- Microsoft Certification on the .NET 2.0 or higher developer track
- Experience in Dental or Medical Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management domain
- Bilingual (French & English)
Based upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Upon qualification, dental, extended medical, disability and life insurance plans are available.
If you thrive on challenge, enjoy a dynamic team-based environment, are a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results on demanding schedules and you meet the qualifications below, please forward or fax your resume, indicating your compensation requirements, in confidence to:
Mr. David Clarkson
3310 South Service Road
Burlington ON, L7N 3M6
Fax: (905) 333-3426
Diversity and equality are the foundation of all of our employment practices.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.